Merry Christmas

As we celebrate Christmas,
I want us to remember one of my
favourite Psalms in the Bible.
I wish you a merry Christmas as you reflect,
share and enjoy this wonderful message
of Psalm 66.

Praise God with shouts of Joy
all people
Sing to the Glory of his name
Say to God, how wonderful are the things you do
Your power is so great
that your enemies bow down in fear before you
Everyone on earth worships you
They sing praises to your name

Come and see what God has done
His wonderful acts for mankind
He changed the sea into dry land
Our ancestors crossed the river on foot
There we rejoiced because of what He did
He rules forever by His might
And keeps His eyes on the nations
Let no rebels rise against him
Praise our God all nations
Let your praise be heard
He has kept us alive
And has not allowed us to fall

You have put us to the test
as silver is purified by fire,
So you have tested us
You let us fall into a trap
and placed heavy burdens on our backs
You let our enemies trample over us
we went through fire and flood but now
you have brought us to a place of safety

I will bring offerings to your house
I will offer you what I promised
I will give you what I said I would when I was in trouble
I will offfer sheep to be burnt on the altar
I will sacrifice bulls and goats
and the smoke will go up to the sky

Come and Listen all who honour God
And I will tell you what he has done for me
I cried to him for help
I praised him with songs
If I had ignored my sins
The Lord would not have listened to me
But God has indeed heard me
He has listened to my prayer
I praise God because he did not reject my prayer
nor keep back his constant love for me
Amen

From Thomas Kojo Orhin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism