The Lord is my help

Today, July 3, 2007 is my eighth wedding anniversary.

Also ten years ago today, I was admitted at a hospital in the Eastern part of, Accra, Ghana called Manna Mission Hospital with Typhoid fever.

The head of the hospital Rev. Dr. Seth Ablorh, a Chicago trained Ghanaian Christian doctor took time to discuss not only my physical health, but also spiritual and emotional well-being.

As I celebrate God's providence through eight years of marriage and motherhood, I am really grateful to Him for my life and the new family he has given me. I am also grateful to God for my parents and siblings and my entire family.

Again and as I count my blessings after my illness in 1997, I cannot help but share this wonderful psalm which I also received from Beliefnet this morning.
God belss you for being obedient to his word.

Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From whence does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved,
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and for evermore.


By Isabella Gyau Orhin, Accra July 3, 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism