“Sing us one of the songs of Zion”

By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down,
there we sat down, yea there we wept when we remembered Zion.
We hung our harps upon the willows in the midst of it.
For there those who carried us away captive asked of us a song
and those who plundered us requested mirth saying,
“Sing us one of the songs of Zion”
How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a foreign land
If I forget you Oh Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill
If I do not remember you,
let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth-
If I do not remember Jerusalem above my chief joy.
Remember O God against the sons of Edom.
The day of Jerusalem, who said raze it, raze it to its very foundation”
O daughter of Babylon,
who are to be destroyed, happy the one who repays you as you have served us
Happy the one who takes and dashes your little ones against the rock.

Psalm 137.

For you have magnified your word against all your name

I will praise you with my whole heart; before the gods,
I will sing praises to You.
I will worship toward your holy temple,
and praise your name for your loving kindness
And your truth for you have magnified your word above all your name
Psalm 138; 1-2

For great is the glory of the Lord

In the day when I cried out, You answered me and made me bold with strength in my soul
All the kings of the earth shall praise you O Lord when they hear the words of your mouth
Yes, they can sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord
Though the Lord is on high, yet He regards the lowly, the proud He knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me, You will stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies and your right hand will save me.
Psalm 138; 3-7


Your mercy O lord, endures forever

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; your mercy O lord, endures forever, do not forsake the works of your hands.


Psalm 138: 8



You have covered my head in the day of battle;

O God the Lord the strength of my salvation,
You have covered my head in the day of battle;
Do not grant O Lord the desires of the wicked do not further his wicked schemes,
Lest they be exalted.
Psalm 140:7-8

Let the burning coals fall upon them,

As for the heads of those who surround me,
Let the evil of their lips cover them;
let the burning coals fall upon them,
let them be cast into the fire into deep pits that they rise not again.
Psalm 140:9-10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism