He has kept us alive, and has not allowed us to fall

We are alive
He has kept us alive, and has not allowed us to fall
Psalm 66:9

Thanks be to God who has kept us alive throughout the past year.
We give him all the praise, honour and adoration for such a great miracle.
It has not been easy for a lot of us. People have changed jobs, marriages have gone through difficulties, and some had to start life all over again after traumatic experiences.
But in all these, the Lord has kept our heads above the waters.
This is very interesting and very inspiring.
Therefore as we bid farewell to another year in the Lord’s calendar and welcome another year, we give thanks to the almighty God, who has been our help and our shield.
Who stands behind us like a mighty warrior,
Who fights our enemies and bring them to nothing,
Who listens and hears us in spite of our sins
The Lord who has brought us out of the miry clay
and set our feet upon the rocks.
He has helped us wake up after surgery
And every morning too, he brings us fresh grace,
Wisdom and mercies to take us through the day,
We are so glad that He will be beside in us in the year 2009.
Because you live we can face the New Year with boldness and confidence
Knowing very well that the unchanging God will see us through.
Amen



As the dear longs for the stream of cool water


As the dear longs for the stream of cool water
So I long for you O God
I thirst for you the living God
When can I go and worship in your presence
Day and night I cry and tears are my only food
All the daytime my enemies ask me “where is your God”

My heart breaks when I remember the past
When I went with the crowed to the House of God
And led them as they walk along
A happy crowed singing and shouting praise to God
Why am |I so sad?
Why am I so troubled?
I will put my hope in God and once again I will praise Him.
My Saviour and My God.
Psalm 42:1-5


I waited patiently for the Lord’s help,

I waited patiently for the Lord’s help,
Then he listened to me and heard my cry
He pulled me out of a dangerous pit, out of the deadly quicksand
He set me safely on a rock and made me secure
He taught me to sing a new song
A song of praise to our God
Many who seek this will take warning
And will put their trust in the Lord

Happy are those who trust the Lord,
Who do not turn to idols?
Or join those who worship false gods
You have done many things for us Oh Lord
Our God, there is no one like you
You have made many wonderful plans for us
I could never speak of them all, their number is so great.

You do not want sacrifices and offerings,
You do not ask for animals sacrificed whole on the alter
or for sacrifices to take away sins.

Instead, you have given me ears to hear you and so I answered here I am.
Psalm 40:1-7

God alone is God

God alone is God
God alone is our defense
He is the God who makes me strong
Who makes my pathway safe
He makes me sure footed as a deer
He keeps me safe on the mountains
Psalm 18:31-33


You saved me

You saved me from a rebellious people
And made me ruler over the nations
People I did not know now become my subjects
Foreigners bow before me when they hear me they obey
Psalm 18:43-44

The Lord Lives

The Lord lives praise my defender
Proclaim the greatness of the God who saves me
He gives me victory over my enemies
And subdues the nations under me
Psalm18:46-47

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism