He is the one who made everything

The Lord made the earth by His power;
By His wisdom He created the world
And stretched out the heavens
At His command, the waters above the sky roar;
He brings cloud from the ends of the earth
He makes lightning flash in the rain and sends the winds from His store room
At the sight of this, people feel stupid and senseless
Those who make idols are disillusioned, because the gods they make are false and lifeless
They are worthless and should be despised
They will be destroyed when the Lord comes to deal with them
The God of Jacob is not like them.
He is the one who made everything
And He has chosen Israel to be His own very people.
The Lord Almighty is His name.
Jeremiah 10 12-16


I will make you well again


But now, all who devour you will be devoured
And all your enemies will be taken away as prisoners
All who oppress you will be oppressed
And all who plunder you will be plundered
I will make you well again
I will heal your wounds
Though your enemies say:
‘Zion is an outcast, no one cares about her’
I the Lord have spoken
Jeremiah 30:16-17


My blessing will bring them honour


The Lord says I will restore my people to their land and have mercy one very family;
Jerusalem will be rebuilt and its palace restored
The people who live there will sing praise, they will shout for joy
By my blessing, they will increase in numbers
My blessing will bring them honour
I will restore the nation’s ancient power
And establish it firmly again
I will punish all who oppress them
Jeremiah 30:18-20

The Lord’s anger is a storm


The Lord’s anger is a storm
A furious wind that will rage over the heads of the wicked.
It will not end until he has done all that He intends to do.
In days to come, His people will understand this clearly.
Jeremiah 30: 23-24


Gifts of corn and wine and olive oil

They will come and sing for joy on Mount Zion
And be delighted with my gifts-gifts of corn and wine and olive oil,
Gifts of sheep and cattle. They will be like a well-watered garden; they will have everything they need.
Jeremiah 31:12


Young and old will rejoice

The young women will dance and be happy,
And men, young and old will rejoice
I will comfort them and turn their mourning into joy,
their sorrow into gladness
Jeremiah 31: 13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism