Smart People Follow Jesus

Meditate On
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
Psalm 23:2

The world says, “He who fails to plan, plans to fail.” It says you’ve got to make smart, detailed plans to succeed in life. You’ve got to study market trends, and be in the know, so that you can be the early bird that catches the worm. You’ve also got to keep looking over your shoulder because you never know when your competitors are going to catch up with you!
Is that how God wants you to live your life? Most certainly not! He wants you to be a sheep. He wants you to take Him as your shepherd and rest in His love and care for you! Leave all the “worrying” and working out of plans to Him. He sees further than you can! And when you simply follow His leading, you will end up walking in good success.
Once, when I decided to sell my apartment, I didn’t prioritize studying the property market to see if it was a good time to sell it. In fact, I found out that someone else who had just sold off a similar-sized unit had done so at a price that was an all-time low. He must have been in a hurry. Naturally speaking, he spoiled the market for me.
In any case, my wife and I felt that it was the right time to move. We just decided to follow the Lord’s leading. So we put our apartment up for sale and guess what? After only a few viewings, we sold our apartment at the price we wanted! And when we bought our new apartment, we bought it at a price that was at an all-time low! What Jesus did for me, He can do for you too.
My friend, by all means, make plans and be diligent to know what you need to know in the field of your industry and in the areas you’re going to make important decisions. But first, seek and hear what Jesus is saying to you as you bring your concerns and what you need to do to Him. Believe that He will lead you by His Spirit and with His wisdom and perfect timing. And He will lead you to good success in ways beyond anything that you can ever plan for!

Blessings,
Joseph Prince

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism