Press Forward and Upward-Joel Osteen

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
(Philippians 3:14, ESV)
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
God is constantly calling us to higher places in Him. He wants us to know Him more. He wants us to know His ways, walk in His ways, and experience His victory.
The apostle Paul said in Philippians that he was pressing on toward the goal of Christ’s calling. How did he press forward? In verse 13 he says, “One thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead.” See, in order to press forward, we have to let go of the weight of the past. We let go by forgiving and choosing not to dwell on things that can hold us back. We have to lighten our load, so to speak, so that we can rise higher in the things God has for us.
Today, if you are struggling in an area, ask God what you need to let go of. Sometimes, we need to let go of the good as well as the bad. “Good” can be the very thing that keeps you from “great.” Let go of the past, forgive, and press forward and upward to the prize of the high calling of Jesus Christ!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, today I release the past. I let go of the good and the bad. Search my heart. Show me any area where I need to make adjustments so I can move forward and upward with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism