I am the Vine, you are the branches

I am the vine, you are the branches
Those who remain in me and I in them will bear much fruit
For you can do nothing without me
Whoever does not remain in men is thrown out like a branch and dries up, such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire where they are burnt.
If you remain in me and my word remains in you, then you will ask for anything you wish and you shall have it.
My father’s glory is shown by your bearing much fruit
\and in this way, you become my disciples.
I love you just as the father loves me; remain in my love
John 15:5-9


The Helper

I did not tell you these things at the beginning for I was with you, but now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you ask me where I am going. Now that I have told you, your hearts are full of sadness, but I am telling you the truth, it is better for you that I go away because if I do not go, the Helper will not come. If I go away, then I will send him to you, when he comes, he will prove to the people of the world that they are wrong about sin and about what is right and about God’s judgment.
They are wrong about sin because they do not believe in me, they are wrong about what is right because I am going to the father and you will not see me anymore, and they are wrong about judgment because the ruler of this world has already been judged.
John 16:4b-11


Joy

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you
And that your joy may be complete
John 15 :11

Commands

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love just as I have obeyed my father’s commands and remained in his love.
John 15:10



Faith

I have told you this,
So that you will not give up your faith.
John 16: 1


Truth
When however the spirit comes, who reveals the truth about God; He will lead you into all the truth. He will speak on his own authority but He will speak on what He hears and will tell you of things to come, He will give me glory because he will take what I say and tell it to you. John 16:13-14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism