Never let me be defeated!

Lord, I have come to you for protection,
Never let me be defeated!
Because you are righteous, help me and rescue me
Listen to me and save me
Be my secure shelter
And a strong fortress to protect me
You re my refuge and defence
My God rescue me from the wicked,
from the power of those who are cruel and evil
Sovereign Lord, I put my hope in you
I have trusted in you since I was young, I have relied on you all my life
You have protected me since the day I was born
I will always praise you

Psalm 71: 1-6

An example to many
My life has been an example to many
Because you have been my strong defender
Psalm 71: 7

O God; my God hurry to my aid!

All day long I praise you and proclaim your glory
Do not reject me now that I am old; do not abandon me now that I am feeble.
My enemies want to kill me, they talk and plot against me,
They say God has abandoned him; lets go after him and catch him
There is no one to rescue him,
Don’t stay so far away, O God; my God hurry to my aid!
Psalm 71:8-12

May those who try to hurt me be shamed and disgraced

May those who attack me be defeated and destroyed,
May those who try to hurt me be shamed and disgraced
I will always put my hope in you, I will praise you more and more.
Psalm 71:13-14

I will proclaim your goodness
I will tell of your goodness, all day long I will speak of your salvation, though it is more than I can understand.
I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will proclaim your goodness, yours alone
Psalm 71:15-16

Your power and your might
You have taught me ever since I was young and I will tell of your wonderful acts.
Now that I am old and my hair is grey, do not abandon me O God. Be with me while I proclaim your power and your might to all generations.
Psalm 71: 17-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism