Be Established In Jesus’ Righteousness-Joseph Prince

In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you.
Isaiah 54:14

It is important for you to be established in the righteousness of Christ. Why? Because it will determine how you respond to the voice of accusation when you are believing God for big things and trusting Him for answered prayers.
Let’s say that you are driving to a job interview and the accuser says, “Look at how easily you lose your cool on the road. How can you have the cheek to expect good things to happen to you?”
Now, you could respond by saying, “Yeah, you are right. How can I expect God’s favor to be on me at the interview?” That’s believing that you need to earn your own righteousness and place of acceptance and favor before God.
Or you could respond by saying, “Yeah, you are right. I don’t deserve to have God’s favor at all, but you know what? I am not looking at what I deserve. I am looking at what Jesus deserves. Even right now, Jesus, I thank You that You see me perfectly righteous. Because of the cross and Your perfect sacrifice, I can expect God’s unmerited favor at my interview!”
See the amazing difference? In the second response, you are established upon Jesus’ righteousness and not your own right doing or good behavior. So you go for the interview depending on the unmerited favor of Jesus and you do well. You drive home with peace and joy, feeling the Father’s love and favor. Consequently, you are more patient with other drivers.
Beloved, being established in your righteousness in Christ and depending on His unmerited favor results in a life of success, peace and practical holiness!

Blessings,
Joseph Prince

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism