Come As You Are To Jesus

However, those the Father has given Me will come to Me, and I will never reject them.
John 6:37, NLT

Years ago, someone I knew suddenly stopped coming to church for a long time. I eventually met up with him to find out how he was doing and to see if everything was all right. He was very honest with me and told me that he was going through a lot of problems in his marriage, and that he was now addicted to alcohol. Then, he said this: “Let me get my life right, then I will come back to church.” I smiled and asked him, “Do you clean yourself before you take a bath?” I could tell from his expression that he was taken aback by my question, so I told him, “Come as you are to the Lord. He is the bath. He will cleanse you. He will get your life in order for you, and He will cause every addiction to lose its hold on you. You don’t have to use your own efforts to clean yourself before you take a bath!”
I am glad to share that this precious brother soon returned to church and Jesus turned his life around. Today, he is happily married, blessed with a beautiful family and is one of my trusted, key leaders.
Beloved, that is what the Lord does when you come to Him just as you are, and allow Him to love you into wholeness. So don’t wait for things to be “perfect” in your life first. Just come to Him today. Let Him make all things beautiful in your life!

Blessings,
Joseph Prince


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism