Jesus—God’s Overpayment For Our Sins

Meditate On
…come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16


Can you imagine paying your creditor 10 times the amount you owe him? How about 100 times that amount? Who does things like that? God did on your behalf. Why? It’s so that when you know this, you’ll never have debt on your conscience again.
Beloved, Jesus is God’s overpayment for your sins. Let me explain what I mean. Let’s say that I owe somebody $10,000. Along comes my best friend. He knows about my debt and out of his love for me, he pays my creditor not $10,000 but $100,000!
Now, when I look at my creditor, I am no longer embarrassed or afraid. In a sense, it’s because of me that he is now richer. He is more blessed than before because my best friend paid him an extra $90,000. In the same sense, our Lord Jesus is an overpayment. If you know the value of Jesus, you will know that He is God’s overpayment for our sins.
So when you come into God’s presence today, you can come boldly, free of shame, fear and guilt. Jesus, who shed His blood at Calvary and died for your sins, has torn wide and opened the way to the holy presence of God. The same blood that tore the veil has perfectly cleansed us of our sins.
Beloved, because Christ is God’s overpayment for our sins, you can step boldly into God’s presence today. You can be confident that your sin debt has been more than paid, and you can enjoy blessed communion with God!

Blessings,
Joseph Prince

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism