From Marilyn Hickey Ministries

Dear Friend,

I'm very aware that it's possible to walk around looking completely whole and sound on the outside, and yet be suffering terribly on the inside. I know because I've done it.

So let me ask you...where does it hurt?
I'm talking about emotional pain. Wounds of the heart. A broken spirit. Emotional suffering can take many forms. Some people battle fear. Others carry the wounds of emotional abuse, disappointment, betrayal or abandonment.

Many who have suffered loss can carry around a heavy, even paralyzing, burden of grief. I saw it happen to my own mother after my father passed away. My father had been gone for some time, but it became clear to me that my mother wasn't adjusting to the loss and moving on as she should.

When this continued for almost a year after his passing, I grew very concerned. So one night I called and prayed with her and shared Isaiah 53. The enemy had tricked her into carrying things Jesus carried for us on the cross. Yes, she continued to miss my dad at times. But she was free from the horrible bondage of grief from that day forward. Free from pain, grief, sorrow, and a broken heart.

I believe the key to your breakthrough is found in Isaiah 53:4-5: "Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows...but He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed." (NKJV).

Notice that Jesus took the "chastisement for our peace.” As this passage makes clear, He suffered outwardly and inwardly so that you and I could be completely and utterly whole.

This is why Jesus came. It was His mission. He said so when He stood up in the synagogue that day and read Isaiah 61 about Himself: "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed...” (Luke 4:18 NKJV).
Notice, of the four healings mentioned, only one is for outward, physical wounds. The rest are about inward wounds such as broken hearts.

As I was studying emotional health recently, I came across something I'd never seen in Scripture before. I shared it in a series called Emotional Healing, and if you can sow an Isaiah 53 seed of $53 or more I'd like to make that series available to you in a special bundle of resources we're calling...First Aid for Your Emotions!

So let me ask you one more time ...where does it hurt?
No matter what kind of emotional pain, shame, fear, regret, torment or oppression you or someone you love is carrying today, I want you to know that it's not your burden to bear. Jesus carried it for you. It's my honor to point you to Him.
Healed by His stripes,
Marilyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism