From Marilyn Hickey Ministries

Dear Friend
God can do anything. Isn't that what the Bible says? But do we really believe everything the Bible says? Including that part where it says God can take all things and cause them to work together for our good? (Romans 8:28) Do we believe the part that says God can supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus? (Philippians 4:12).

The message burning in my heart is this: God cares about your material needs! If you need a good reliable car, He cares about that. If you need a job, a better job or a promotion at the job you have your Heavenly Father cares.
And if you need a house that is more appropriate for the needs of your family one that is bigger, more soundly built, in a better area or near better schools that need is also near to the heart of God. Where there is a vison there is a provison.
I've walked that road. I've fought that fight of faith. I recall one time shortly after my husband, Wally, and I launched the church in Denver. We began with only 22 people and had very little money or income.
We had one old, high-mileage, beat up vehicle that we relied on to get us to all of our ministry meetings. It got to a point where I had to pray and use my faith any time we needed to travel more than a few miles!
As the church began to grow, our income grew and we saved together $1000 to buy a better used car. Right at that time, Wally and I attended a meeting held by some wonderful evangelists with an amazing ministry of taking the Gospel to the nations. But before we got out to that meeting, I discovered that Wally had sown our entire $1000 car fund into their ministry. Without even talking to me about it!
I was really upset and even scolded my husband. But, I'll never forget what he said to me in response: "Marilyn, God told me to do that. And I know God will bless us in a miraculous way because we were obedient."
Not long after that, we had a special guest minister come to our church. In the middle of his message he stopped the service and took an offering for our car, even sowing into it himself. At the end of the night we had more than enough to purchase a good car, debt free—one much better than our original $1000 would have ever provided!
What was the key to our miracle? We had been talking to God about our NEED. In response, God spoke to my husband about a SEED. I was looking at that $1000 as if it was provision for our need. But God wanted us to look at it as seed. ONLY SEEDS CARRY THE POWER OF MULTIPLICATION.
It's so easy for us to stay need-minded when God wants us to become seed-minded.
He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully... Now may He who supplies seed to the sower... supply and multiply the seed...(2 Corinthians 9:6, 10 NKJV).
I'm not sure what it is you need today—it might be a car, a house, a job or some other kind of need—but I do know that God's miracle-provision power is available if you're willing to be seed-minded.
Right now if you can sow a seed into the Jesus-proclaiming outreaches of this ministry, I want to say "thank you," by sending you one of mine and Sarah's powerful teachings, Provision for Your Vision. I'm praying you are able to stand strong and in faith. Your multiplication of that seed is on its way!

Standing with you,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism