You called in trouble and I delivered you,

Sing aloud to God our strength; make a joyful shout to the God of Jacob
Raise a song and strike the timbrel, the pleasant harp and the lute
Blow the trumpet at the time of the new moon on our solemn feast day
For this is a statute for Israel, a law of the God of Jacob
This He established in Joseph as a testimony when he went throughout the land of Egypt where I heard a language, I did not understand
I removed his shoulder from the burden;
His hands were freed from the Basket
You called in trouble and I delivered you,
I answered you in the secret place of thunder
I tested you at the waters of Meribah,
There shall be no foreign God among you or shall you;
nor shall you worship any foreign god
Psalm 81:1-9


Open your mouth wide and I will fill it


I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt,
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.
But my people will not heed my voice and Israel will have none of me.
So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart to walk in their own counsels
Oh that my people would listen to me, that Israel will walk in my ways
Psalm 81:10-13


Their fate would endure forever


“I would soon subdue their enemies and turn my hands against their adversaries
The haters of the Lord will pretend submission to him, but their fate would endure forever
He would have fed them also with the finest of wheat; and with honey from the rock, I would have satisfied you. “
Psalm 81: 14-16


Chaff before the wind

Oh my God, make them like the whirling dust, like the chaff before the wind
As the fire burns the woods and as the flame sets the mountains on fire
So pursue them with your tempest and frighten them with your storm
Fill their faces with shame that they may seek your name Oh Lord.
Psalm 83:13-14

Restore us Oh God of hosts


Restore us Oh God of hosts,
Cause your face to shine upon us and we shall be saved

Psalm 80 :7

Shepherd of Israel


Give ear Oh shepherd of Israel you who led Joseph like a flock
You who dwell between the cherubim, shine forth \

Psalm 80 :1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism