Deal gently with me Lord
Deal bountifully with your servant that I may live and keep your word, open my eyes that I may see wondrous things from your law.
Psalm 119:17

Your laws are my song


Your statutes have been my song in the house of my pilgrimage
I remember your name in the night Oh Lord and I keep your law
This has become mine because I kept your precepts.

Psalm 119:55-56


Seamen know how great the Lord is



Oh that man would give thanks unto the Lord for His goodness and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
Let them sacrifice sacrifices of thanksgiving and declare His works with rejoicing
Those who go down to the sea in ships, who do business on great waters
They see the wonders of the Lord and His wonders in the deep
For He commands and raises the stormy wind which lifts up the waves of the sea.

They mount up to the heavens, they go down again to the depths; their soul melts because of trouble.
They reel to and fro and stagger like a drunken man and are at their wits end.
Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble and He brings them out of their distresses.
He calms the storms so that its waves are still. Then they are glad, because they are quiet, then He guides them to their desired haven.

Psalm 107:21-30


Wiseman
If a wiseman contends with a foolish man, whether the fool rages or laughs there is no peace Prov.29:9

Pride
A man’s prides will bring him low but the humble in spirit will retain honour. Prov.29; 23

Contention
A fool vents all his feelings but a wise man holds them back. Prov 29 :11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism