Punishment for disobedience

The Lord said “If you will not obey my commands, you will be punished, if you refuse to obey my laws and commands and break the covenant I have made with you, I will punish you, I will bring disaster on you-incurable diseases and fevers that will make you blind and cause your life to waste away. You will sow your seed but it will do you no good because your enemies will conquer you and eat whatever you have grown.
Leviticus 26:14-16


More Punishment
I will turn against you so that you will be defeated
And those who hate you will rule over you. You will be so terrified that you will run when no one is chasing you
Leviticus 26:17


Further Punishment for disobedience
Even if after all this you still do not obey me I will increase your punishment seven times, I will break your stubborn pride, there will be no rain and your land will be dry and hard as iron.

Lev. 26:18-19



Blessings for Obedience


“If you live according to my laws and obey my commands, I will send you rain at the right time so that the land will produce crops and the trees will bear fruit

Your crops will be so plentiful that you will still be harvesting corn when it is time to pick grapes and you will still be picking grapes when it is time to sow corn

You will have all that you want to eat and you will live in safety in your land.


I will give you peace in your land and you will sleep without being afraid of anyone

I will get rid of the dangerous animals in the land and there will be no more war there.

You will be victorious over your enemies

Five of you will be able to defeat a hundred and a hundred will be able to defeat 10, 000

I will bless you and give you many children; I will keep my part of the covenant that I made with you.

“I will be your God and you will be my people.
Lev 26:1-12.

Humility

But your descendants will confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors who resisted me and rebelled against me and made me turn against them and sent them to exile in the land of their enemies.
At last when your descendants are humbled and they have paid the penalty of their sin and rebellion, I will remember my covenant with Jacob and with Isaac and with Abraham and will renew my promise to give the people the land. Leviticus 26: 40-43


Free from slavery
I the Lord your God brought you out of Egypt so that you will no longer be slaves

I broke the power that held you down and I let you walk with your head held high.
Lev 26:13.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism