I am the high and holy God, who lives forever.

I am the high and holy God, who lives forever. I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are humble and repentant, so that I can restore their confidence and hope.
I gave my people life so that I will not continue to accuse them or be angry with them for ever.
I was angry with them because of their sin and greed, so I punished them and abandoned them, but they were stubborn and kept on going their way
I have seen how they acted but I will heal them, I will lead them and help them and I will comfort those who mourn.

I offer peace to all both near and far, I will heal my people
But evil people are like the restless sea, whose waves never stop rolling in, bringing filth and muck
There is no safety for sinners said the Lord.

Isaiah 57 15-21

Who are you making fun of?


Come here to be judged you sinners,
You are no better than sorcerers, adulterers, and prostitutes.
Who are you making fun of?
Who are you liars jeering at?
You worship the fertility gods by having sex under those sacred trees of yours
You offer your children as sacrifices in the rocky cave near the bed of a stream
You take smooth stones from there and worship them as gods.
You pour out wine as offerings to them and bring them grain offering
Do you thing I am pleased with all this?
You go to the high mountains to offer sacrifices and have sex
You set up your obscene idols just in front of your doors.
You forsake me and; you take off your clothes and climb unto your large beds with your lovers whom you pay to sleep with. There you satisfy your lust
You put on your perfumes and ointments and go to worship the god Molech.

Isaiah 57: 3-9


Fasting that satisfies God almighty


The kind of fasting I want is this: remove the chains of oppression and the yoke of injustice and let the oppressed go free, share your food with the hungry and open your homes to the homeless poor.
Give clothes to those who have nothing to wear and do not refuse to help your own relatives.
Then my favour will shine on you like the morning sun
And your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you
My presence will protect you on every side
When you pray, I will answer you when you call to me, I will respond.

Isaiah 58 : 6-9


You brought me safely through birth


It was you who brought me safely through birth
And when I was a baby, you kept me safe
I have relied on you since the day I was born
And you have always been my God
Psalm 22:9-10



Do not stay away from me

Do not stay away from me
Trouble is near and there is no one to help
Many enemies surround me like bulls
They are all round me like fierce bulls from the land of Bashan
Psalm 22:11-12

I love the house where you live

I love the house where you live, oh Lord, the place where your glory dwells
Do not destroy me with the sinners
Spare me from the fate of murderers, those who do evil all the time
And are always ready to take bribes
Psalm 26:8-9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But let the righteous be joyful

Depend On God’s Unmerited Favor, Not Favoritism